1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Coffee. But I do have a wee glass of the Nog on Christmas Eve.
2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa DOES wrap presents and does a mighty fine job, I might add.
3. Colored lights on house/tree or white? See previous post about my hubby, Clark.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Who needs mistletoe?
5.When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving we head out to the Tree Farm and bring one home. I put the lights on the tree while The Men decorate the outside of the Casa de Griswold, then after dinner we crank up the Christmas tunes (which, YES Teri, they have been playing for weeks prior to) and all decorate the tree. I have pictures of this year’s decorating…somewhere…need to fine them and post some.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I whip up several batches of my infamous Cinnamon Buns throughout the Holiday Season, and also my mom’s fruit ambrosia. Oh. My. Word.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? The Santa Money Bag. I still have mine. Remind me to post a picture of it. It hangs on the mantel with my stocking.
8.When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Sixth grade. Some evil bratty kid broke the news to the entire sixth grade class. But then it was okay because my parents allowed me to play Santa along with them to my two-years-younger sis. Little did we know…she already knew there was no Santa but didn’t tell us for years.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When we were growing up we always opened one gift and it was a new pair of jammies.
I could never get organized enough with our kids I found it quite disappointing so I never started the tradition with our kids.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Mini colored lights (but I’m holding out for clear mini’s one day) and lots of glass and antique and handmade and homemade ornaments. We have the “traditions”…and the same people always put them on. I always put the first ornament on and the last (the green pickle for good luck). We have enough ornaments for several trees but I just don’t have the energy. Yet.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it? Bring it.
12. Can you ice skate? Oh yeah, but haven’t since I blew out my ankle. And probably never will because of it.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? 12 String Guitar when I was a sophomore in high school. Still have it. Still play it.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? The birth of my Lord and Savior, Jesus.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? All of them.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Sipping a glass of Egg Nog with Russell on Christmas Eve after the kids have gone to bed, the tree lights are on and we snuggle on the sofa talking about the past year, all of the Christmases we have spent together and hopes and dreams for the New Year.
17. What tops your Christmas tree? It changes with my mood each year, but this year is a silver star. Unlit because I forgot to leave some extra lights up there to stick up in it.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving now. But when I was That Girl…receiving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? This year it is a toss up between Kirk Franklin’s Now Behold the Lamb and Travis Cottrell’s Jesus Saves. But every year it is Vanessa Williams’ Baby, It’s Cold Outside.
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? PTL, I am not a big candy person. I might have a lick or two of one but then I’m done til next year. Now, peppermint bark…that’s a totally different story.
21. What do you want for Christmas? No drama.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Our two Sanctuary Sunday school classes gather together every year, at a different home because no one will ever host it twice cuz we’re a large group, and we do finger foods and white elephant gifts and it is a hoot. We have some “traditions” there, too and Jack and his buddies (no, T…not that Jack) show up each year in more and more unique ways.
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ’s? Dress up for church, ride around with
Clark Russell for an hour looking at lights and then dash home to put on the jammies.
24. Do you own a Santa hat? Several. And antlers with bells, too.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Just the five of us.
Tag…you’re it. And you know who you are…..