1. I just scarfed down a full plate of broccoli and beef, dumplings and crunchy noodles. And I stopped myself from eating another. Why is it that when I was a teenager and in my early twenties, I stopped eating under stress and duress; I would actually lose weight. Then I hit 25 and am determined to eat my way into eternity.
2. Have I mentioned there is a port-a-potty chair on my carport?
3. My dining room is absolutely covered with boxes. Amidst the stacks are two boxes containing Christmas gifts that were actually delivered to my house by Brown Man. One box for Russell. One box for Brett. Future birthday gifts, is my guess.
4. I texted my husband and told him I was about ready to cry. He text me right back and said he feels the same way.
5. *this item was deleted. you are welcome*
6. Disregard my pity party, aka #5 above. We are doing the right thing. We are doing the only thing. We can handle it. We are grown-ups. And we have wine to help us. Just kidding on that last part. Sort of.
7. My tree is in the stand. Completely nekked. It smells delicious. In a nekked sort of way. This year, if we ever get it decorated, it will be a “there’s a toddler in the house” kind of decorating. No antique glass ornaments; all vintage Snoopy ornaments will stay packed up; nothing shiny or tinkly or tempting for a toddler aged kitty. So, pretty much lights and some old paper chains the kids made back in elementary school. As I’m typing this, toddler kitty is galloping around the living room, chasing her own shadow and occasionally stopping to take a swig from the tree stand water.
8. Thankfully, Clark has put up the outside lights on the house. Not completely done yet, but we do light up the block like a runway. This year, I am making him put lights on the back deck. And the shed. *he has assimilated me*
9. Her Evil Highness made her great escape this morning. It isn’t a big deal anymore. Sarah texted me a fleeting photo of a reddish blond blur on the front porch as she ran back into the house howling. For food. The open door stalking continued as soon as she was full.
10. As I’m attempting to compose this post, I have NCIS on and the time is 6:00 pm. The suggestive commercials that have come on have absolutely shocked me. As in I thought Chloe had stepped on the remote and we had switched to an adult channel. Seriously.
11. Public Service Announcement. Stop collecting junk. More stuff does not make us happy. More stuff does not make our children happy. And think of your poor children when you are gone and they have to go through all of that stuff. Russell and I are committed to going through, purging and organizing. You’re welcome.
12. Okay, I’m totally not happy with this post. “I can’t think about that right now. If I do, I’ll go crazy. I’ll think about that tomorrow.” *name that quote*
Come December 1, I will still love you guys. See y’all tomorrow.