Greetings, Loyal Listeners. Ummm…Regular Readers?
I know it has been a week or so. Sorry. My
excuses reasons are as follows:
- Been processing a bunch of “stuff”
- Been super-duper busy
Have actually been enjoying a bunch of social time. Which is pretty unusual for me. The enjoying it part, I mean. I’m not always the most social in my family. I gave up fighting it a long, long time ago since the other four Smith’s in my family are Über social and apparently cannot go a day without some sort of event or social time on their calendars.
But, I digress.
Baggage. Who’s got some? Besides me, I mean. Truth be told, I have had (and still have) a ton of baggage. Thankfully, I’ve been able to process and unload a bunch of it. But lately…lately…I have not only clung to my current baggage, I’ve been joyfully (not so much) picking up more baggage.
Details are unimportant. I’m here to talk about the process.
The combination of a few well-aimed comments opened my eyes to some changes in my life I needed to make. A few general examples:
- Distancing myself from people who are not life-giving (to me and to others)
- Accepting a challenge (or 10) to change my eating and overall health
- Mapping out my day and sticking to it. I am a huge list maker and a major list ignorer(er)
- Other than my family and a couple of close friends, who do I really want spend precious time with? *and if you don’t believe that our time is precious, you need to go back and read through my blog for the last three years* I really need to be discerning in this area
- Just. Say. No. A big one for me because I really am a people pleaser. *or used to be*
There’s more, but you get the gist…
As y’all know, I’m a journal-writing-fiend. That is truly where I get a lot of my insight. I view my journal as one big prayer request slash praise session to God. A lot of my entries lately have been basically, “help me to figure all of this stuff out.” And, because He is Faithful and True, He has.
*always remember to be careful what you ask for…cause you just might get it*
I should stress to y’all that it really isn’t so much me that has figured out the baggage and how to subsequently dump it. I have an entire cast of characters that have been placed in my life to help me: my own family members, church family and friends, and, most recently, one sentence that my own personal favorite bible study leader, Beth Moore, wrote on her blog.
The key to this entire process, I am convinced, is to be open and willing; to hear; to truly listen; to act; to obey.
*all four of which go totally against my own self-absorbed self*
So, there you have my last few weeks, in a nutshell.
As always, I love y’all and am thankful for each of you.