Oh, and there is a Droid Photo Friday post, too. A two-fer!
- Finally got some decorating done. It was a free-for-all, as always. What is up…is up. What ain’t…see ya next year box o’ decorations.
- Oldest child is home which means…No Cookin’ for Momma. Loving it.
- Small Group this morning was exactly what I needed. Hopefully, exactly what the other ladies needed, too. I made this yumminess and a bowl of fruit on the side. Surprisingly, the danish was much more popular. I don’t get it.
- As I’m typing this, there are delicious smells coming from the kitchen…flat iron steak on the grill, quick steamed/sauteed green beans, smashed taters, W bread. Can’t wait!
- Tomorrow morning is the stocking-stuffer-Walmart-run with my husband. We’ve been planning it for weeks. Then lunch at My Girl’s place of employment, Delia’s. Despite the name and the rumored delicious pizza, we have never had pizza there. But I can vouch for the zucchini fritters, goat cheese and potato poppers, and Prosciutto e Vodka, which I have eaten the last two times we’ve been there and will probably order again tomorrow for lunch.
- What do y’all put in stockings? The stocking is my favorite part. My mom knows how to stuff a stocking. These days she periodically gives us bags of things with stocking stuffer type items throughout the year. I’m thinking we are getting a better deal this way.
- Oh! Big News! Father-in-law takes possession of his new pad at Greensprings on December 30. The movers pack up his Dumfries home that day and move him in on December 31. Can you say, “Happy New Year!”? Thankfully, we are pretty well set to go. The following week we will do some deep cleaning, carpet cleaning, etc., and his house will go on the market. I know it is also a sad time, but really, I think he is looking forward to it.
- I can not believe Christmas is just 10 days from today. This has been the longest year on record. I’m not sorry to see it go. I just wish the pain could be left behind.
Y’all wouldn’t waste a prayer on our family this Christmas season. Specifically…that 2012 will be a year of healing for the Odenthal, Wheeler and Smith families. I want to assure you, though, that in our pain and grief, we have not forgotten those of you who are also grieving. You are in our prayers. Every day. I promise.
Love you guys. See y’all soon.