Because I love me a list.
Today I’m thankful for:
- warm kitty breath on my face to wake me up in the morning. *which quickly turns to kitty bum in the face if I don’t wake up quickly*
- a toasty, comfy home to wake up in on 30 degree mornings.
- coffee, lots and lots of yummy coffee. with whipping cream and turbinado sugar because I’m over the top like that.
- sunrises. I’ve always been a night-owl-sleep-in-girl. I’ve missed so many incredible sunrises. now I recognize that a sunrise, even the palest shade of color, is worth getting up for.
- a grumpy, silent 15 year old boy who will turn 16 in less than 2 months. He is not a morning person. Just like his momma at that age.
- a husband who is determined to honor his mother by taking care of his father. A father who was, and is, difficult, at best.
- friends who don’t take, “I’m fine” as an answer to the question, “how are you, really?”
- a walking buddy who recognizes I just need a break right now, but that I truly do miss time with her every morning. I promise I have not broken up with you, Annette!
- far away friends, some I’ve never met yet in real life, who check up on us regularly.
- bible study. I love a good bible study. With lots of daily homework. We are getting ready to dive into the Book of James on January 9. I am so psyched. I have already started reading James and reviewing the sample download of the study. You can find it here.
- all of you. Now, please log in and comment so I’m a little more encouraged to keep writing. Not that my mom encouraging me to continue writing doesn’t count. It does. Thanks, Mom!
Love you guys. See y’all soon.