A post of random proportions.
– While journaling this morning, I discovered I was writing in tm (text messaging) code. Clearly I have issues that need to be addressed since my journaling is really an open prayer list to God. I stopped to ponder…does God understand tm?
– My husband sent me a link to a couple of really good youtube videos this morning. This one was my favorite:
– Some of you might know that I am reading through the Chronicles of Narnia series. I am currently reading The Silver Chair. I really wish I had read these as a child. Before I was This Girl. Before I knew my Lord and Savior. To have read them then…and then to read them now. I think that would have been incredible!
– My favorite quote from The Silver Chair so far is this encounter between Jill Pole and Aslan:
“Please, what task, Sir?” asked Jill.
“The task for which I called you and him here out of your own world.”
This puzzled Jill very much. “It’s mistaking me for someone else,” she thought. She didn’t dare to tell the Lion this, though she felt things would get into a dreadful muddle unless she did.
“Speak your thought, Human Child,” said the Lion.
“I was wondering-I mean-could there be some mistake? Because nobody called me and Scrubb, you know. It was we who asked to come here. Scrubb said we were to call to–Somebody–t was a name I wouldn’t know–and perhaps the Somebody would let us in. And we did, and then we found the door open.”
“You would not have called to me unless I had been calling to you,” said the Lion.
“Then you are somebody, Sir?” said Jill.
“I am.” (Said Aslan.)
God seeks us. Calls to us. THEN we seek Him.
God knows our thoughts.
He is the I Am.
I can not wait to meet C.S. Lewis on the other side.
– This is the year that I have deemed I need to get my act together. I don’t like the word “resolutions”. So I’ll call them “personal goals”. They are pretty simple, really:
1. Change my heart.
2. Eat healthy.
3. Exercise every day.
4. Get my house organized.
See? Easy peasey.
I’ll let you know how all that’s going!
Hugs and love…